Nettle, also known as Urtica Dioica, is a great herb for curing many thyroid problems including both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. It is known that nettle can correct any type of thyroid imbalance. It is very healthy containing Vitamin A, B6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, and Iodine.
To Prepare Nettle Leaf Tea:
- Add 1 cup of dried nettle herb to 2 cups of boiling water.
- Let the mixture boil for 2 minutes, strain, and drink the tea.
- Drink the tea twice to thrice a day.
If you don’t want to drink tea, you can massage your neck region with its oil to overcome hypothyroidism. This will soothe your thyroid gland and helps in its functioning.
To Prepare Nettle Oil:
- Crush 1 cup of dried nettle leaves, and place the crushed leaves in a clean glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Boil 1 quart of water in a pot. Pour the boiled water over the crushed nettle leaves in the jar. Place the lid on the jar tightly.
- Steep the crushed nettle leaves in the water for at least four hours and up to 10 hours. Keep the jar at room temperature on a shelf or counter until the oil infusion is steeped.
- Strain the liquid from the crushed leaves. Remove the plant material, and dispose of it, use the nettle oil infusion immediately or store it for up to three days in a refrigerator.