For the young ones who want to eat the children’s favoritedessert …mmm this yummy homemade Kinder Pingui won’t leave you indifferent.
- Ingredients for the cake:
- 3 eggs
- 50g granulated sugar
- 35g cake flour
- 35g cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Ingredients for the filling:
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 1/2 gelatine sheet
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extrat
- Ingredients for the syrup and chocolate glaze:
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 150g semi-sweet chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter
- To prepare the cake separate the yolks and whites. Whisk the egg whites at high , gradually add the sugar to the whites and keep whisk for 2 mins and then reduce to medium speed. Add yolkk one at a time on low speed until well combined and smooth and add the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 170℃. Place a aluminium foil in the baking pan , add the mixture in to the baking pan, smooth the top, and bake for 7-8 mins. To check if the cake is ready insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean it’s ready. Let the cake cool down.
- To prepare the filling soak the gelatine sheet in the cold water for 5 mins then clean the water, and melt it over the simmering water, set aside.Beat the cream until foamy, and slowly add the warm gelatine and honey, then beat it until stiff peak and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Mix the water and honey well and voalá your syrup is ready.
- To prepare the glaze melt the chocolate and butter in a sauce pan over the simmering water and let it cool down, set aside.
- Horizontally cut the cake in two, brush the syrup on both layers. After that spread the cream, smooth and cover with glaze, cool it in fridge for 20 mins. Spread the second layer of cream, smooth the top, and place the second piece of cake. Again cool it in the fridge about 20 mins.
- Finally cover the cake with the glaze, cool it in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.