Yield:3-4Prep Time:5 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes
- Frozen Strawberries – 1cup
- Frozen Raspberries – 1 cup
- Orange juice – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 4 tbsp
- Eggs – 2, lightly beaten
- Butter – 40g roughly, for cooking
- Brioche – or White
- Rye bread, 6 slices
- Icing sugar – to serve
- Fresh berries – to serve
- Start off making the quick compote: place frozen berries and orange juice juice in a small saucepan and bring to medium high heat.
- Once bubbling, reduce heat slightly and use a wooden spoon to muddle and mash the fruit. Add the sugar and cinnamon.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a knob of butter. Allow butter to melt and start to brown but not burn.
- In a small bowl, combine the beaten eggs with the milk. Dip a slice of the brioche in the milk mixture on both sides. Place on top of the melted butter on the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes on a medium high heat until crispy, then flip. Repeat on the other side.
- Cook all the other slices of brioche in the same way, making sure to add extra butter between every slice.
- Serve with the warm compote on top, fresh berries and icing sugar.