Layers of double chocolate chunk cookies and a creamy peanut butter mixture make this classic icebox dessert an irresistible summertime treat.
double chocolate chunk cookie mix
Oil, water and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 container (12 oz) Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup mini peanut butter cups
1/2 cup chocolate sauce or topping
1. Bake cookies as directed on pouch. Cool completely
2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
3. Set aside 1 cup of the whipped topping. Add remaining whipped topping to peanut butter mixture; beat 1 minute.
4. In ungreased 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish, place single layer of cookies. Break up some of the other cookies, and fill in any gaps. Spread half of the peanut butter mixture on top. Place another layer of cookies on top, followed by remaining peanut butter mixture. Spread reserved whipped topping on top
5. Refrigerate 8 hours. Top with mini peanut butter cups, and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Cut and serve.