A healthier alternative to the deep-fried version with the best crispy potato chip crust!! No one will believe that this is baked!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups crushed Sour Cream and Onion Kettle Brand® Potato Chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, buttermilk, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, to taste; marinate for at least 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Working in batches, dredge chicken in crushed potato chips, pressing to coat. Place onto the prepared baking sheet; drizzle with butter.
- Place into oven and bake, turning pieces halfway through, until crisp and cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.