- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup thick caramel sauce, such as dulce de leche
- 3-4 ripe but firm bananas, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons butter, sliced into tablespoon-sized pieces
- Spray slow-cooker with cooking spray.
- Spread caramel sauce on each piece of toast and layer toast in slow-cooker. Top with sliced bananas and chopped walnuts.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over the slices of bread, making sure the eggs moisten all of the bread slices. Place pats of butter on top. Cover and cook on High for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or on Low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with additional fresh bananas and warm caramel sauce or maple syrup. Enjoy!