- Butter – 200g, room temperature
- Caster sugar – 300g
- Egg – 1 large
- Self-raising flour – 275g
- Cocoa powder – 75g
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Dark chocolate – 400g bar, roughly chopped
- Icing sugar – to dust
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Whip butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg.
- Stir in all the dry ingredients and mix to combine well. Add a dash of milk if your mixture is looking dry. Add the chocolate and combine well.
- Line 2 trays with baking paper and shape the cookies to form small balls and place on the tray 4cm apart.
- Place in the oven for 11 minutes. Leave to cool then dust with icing sugar.
This recipe is for those looking for a decadent treat! If you’re a chocolate lover you’ll love these soft and gooey cookies – don’t worry if they come out a little bit wobbly, they will continue cooking out of the oven!