Yield: 2-4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Chicken thighs – boneless, skinless
- Ground cumin – 1 tbsp
- Paprika – 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt and black pepper
- Capsicum – 1/2, red or green, chopped finely
- Corn cob – 1, husks removed, cooked and corn removed from cob with a knife
- Red onion – 1/4 a small red onion, chopped finely
- Fresh coriander – a small handful, finely chopped
- Chilli powder – to taste
- Wholemeal tortilla wraps
- Cheddar and mozzarella mix – 1/4 cup, grated
- Avocado – 1, medium and ripe, mashed with a fork
- Sour cream – 1/4 cup
- Lime juice – of 1 lime
- Heat the oven to 180˚C. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Place the chicken thighs, spread out on the foil. Sprinkle over the cumin, paprika, and garlic powder. Season to taste. No need to add oil.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the capsicum, red onion, corn, coriander and chilli powder in a small bowl.
- Take chicken thighs out of the oven once done. Cool slightly before chopping into small cubes or shredding. Fill one side of the tortillas with chicken, then top with the corn mix. Top with grated cheddar and mozzarella.
- Place the tortilla folded in half in a sandwich or toastie press. Cook until cheese is melted and heated through. (if you don’t have a toastie press, cook in the pan on a medium high heat with a little vegetable oil, flipping half way)
- In a small bowl, whip the sour cream, lime juice and avocado. Open the quesadillas and add a thin layer before serving.