- Olive oil – 2 tbsp Onion – 1 large, roughly chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Chilli – 2 small red, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Tomato pasta – 2 tbsp
- Chopped tomatoes – 2 x 400g cans
- Salt and black pepper
- Red capsicum – 1/2 large, deseeded and finely chopped
- Linguine – 350g
- Fresh Parsley – 1 small handful, finely chopped
- Fresh Basil – 1 small handful, finely chopped
- Parmesan – finely grated, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
Add the chillies and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the red capsicum.
- Add the canned tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced. Season with salt and pepper and add the herbs.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine in some salted water with a dash of oil. Make sure to stir often while linguine is cooking as noodles can stick together. Reserve 1/2 a cup of the starchy cooking water and pour into the tomato sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce and toss to coat. Add parmesan before serving.